Playtech is one of the leading online gaming software suppliers in the world. They pride themselves on providing their partners with superior products and services across all platforms.
Playtech has achieved success with their commitment to quality and innovation along with a sound business strategy. Their approach aims to foster organic growth, cross-sell products and services, develop and attract new licensees, increase product, service and distribution capabilities, improve quality of earnings, and remain active in the acquisition market.
Playtech was founded in 1999 in Tartu, Estonia. In 2012, the company was officially listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange and it now employs over 5,000 people in 17 different countries.
The company has secured over 140 licensees globally and its gambling software includes casino, live casino, bingo, poker, and sports betting.
Playtech was one of the first to utilize Omni-channel gambling via Playtech ONE. It offers operators and their customers a unified experience across any product, channel, or device using a single account and single wallet. This encompasses online, mobile, and retail.
Along with their state-of-the-art gaming studios and content, Playtech licenses popular brands from major media companies such as Warner Bros., DC Entertainment, Paramount, Fox, NBC Universal, and more.
Playtech also offers Playtech Turnkey Services (PTTS) that provides gaming operators all the necessary tools and support to run a gaming offering. In addition to 24/7 live support, their turnkey solution includes hosting services, payment advisory, network management, marketing services, customer support, financial services, and fraud prevention.
As alluded to above Playtech ONE is a hub for wallet, content, customer relations management, and personalization. Simply put, it consistently integrates all the various departments of one casino or sportsbook across all available channels and provides an exceptional user experience.
Through Playtech ONE, operators can track the behavior of each player and tailor their marketing and offer strategy accordingly. And even though Playtech is an excellent provider of content, games, and services, the ONE platform enables operators to easily add third-party products. Therefore, adding an element of additional flexibility.
Since becoming a company in 1999 Playtech has developed into a major player in the partnership and acquisition market within the gaming industry. In 2006, they acquired Tribeca Tables Europe Limited, a poker network software provider, which works with a number of brands including VCPoker, Paddy Power Poker, and Blue Square Poker.
Two years later they reached an agreement with Italy’s land-based operator Snai, which was Playtech’s first Italian license, and signed an online gaming software license agreement with UK-based company William Hill PLC.
In 2009, Playtech acquired Gaming Technology Solutions which is one of the largest game aggregators in the gaming industry. In quarter four of 2010, they also acquired Virtue Fusion Limited, a developer, and licensor of online bingo products. As a result of this acquisition Snai, Eurobet, and Codere Interactive jointed Playtech’s Italian bingo network and Playtech became the online bingo supplier to Unibet and Bingo.com.
In December of 2012, Playtech acquired Geneity Limited, a UK-based sportsbook software provider and expanded into Mexico with Grupo Caliente, Mexico’s largest land-based gaming operator.
Another key acquisition to highlight took place during the beginning 2017 when Playtech acquired Eyecon. Eyecon specializes in providing online gaming slots within the bingo industry, including Fluffy Favourites, which is well-known among UK online casinos.
One month later in February 2017, Playtech signed the largest content deal in the gaming industry with Warner Bros. Allowing Playtech to continue to develop their extensive gaming catalog licensing the popular brands of Warner Bros. and its entertainment subsidiaries.
• Casino: Playtech offers over 600 of the most advanced casino games including branded favorites Batman Classic TV Series, Top Gun, and The Flintstones.
• Virtual Sports: Playtech’s virtual sports offers betting on virtual horse racing, football (soccer), tennis, and basketball. The Virtual Sports Simulation product handles event simulations, scheduling, odds, random number generator (RNG), generated results, and visualizations that are utilized to display the results to players.
• Sports: The sportsbook division at Playtech brings together Playtech Sports companies Best Gaming Technology (BGT), Geneity, Mobenga, Betologic, and CSMS. Playtech BGT Sports offers a simple betting experience across all channels, including over-the-counter, self-service betting terminals, online, and mobile. As a player, you can easily access your wallet and account from each channel you interact with which creates a consistent and cohesive experience.
• Poker: Playtech’s poker software is compatible with all of the company’s product and services and their iPoker team monitors game integrity 24/7 and 365 days of the year. There are a variety of game options including cash games, speed poker cash games, twister jackpot sit n go’s, regular sit n go’s, texas hold ‘em, omaha, soko, and tournament games.
• Live Dealer: With Playtech’s live casino players are able to access live products including blackjack, baccarat, roulette, and more. They are the largest live casino supplier in Europe and Asia and opened the world’s largest live casino in Riga, Latvia in February 2017.
• Bingo: Playtech’s UK bingo community is one of the largest with more than 100 different brands, 100,000 daily players, and 20,000 daily concurrent players. Additionally, as a player you can enjoy more than 300 side-games and scratch cards.
• Lottery: Playtech has developed software solutions that integrate with third parties and government systems that enhance an operator’s ability to generate returns on their online lottery system. Playtech is a premium partner of European Lotteries and a gold level contributor to the World Lottery Association.
• Retail: Playtech’s retail gaming products can be found in more than 40,000 gaming terminals worldwide. Their retail products come with a powerful management tool which allows operators to manage content, multimedia, rewards, jackpots, security, and monitoring.