Have you heard about Ethereum? It is a cryptocurrency that started breaking ground in 2013 and made its debut in June of 2015. Very much like Bitcoin and sometimes referred to as Bitcoin 2.0, those who have Ethereum may receive or send money over the Internet with no taxes or any third party interference to worry about.
Ethereum was created to try and take cryptocurrency to another level in that unlike Bitcoin, it is used as a platform for building applications and does so by using something called smart contracts. The contracts are meant to produce efficient economic organization systems that will serve anything from gambling sites and apps, to banks. The transactions are all made with the same unit called an Ether (ETH).
Is Ethereum the Future of Online Gambling
With the popularity it has already gained in a relatively short period of time because of the newly unique advantages it provides as if it were its own financial ecosystem, Ethereum is presumably on its way as well to becoming an integral part of the world of cryptocurrency and online gambling.
Right now, Bitcoin is the fastest, cheapest, and most reliable form of depositing and withdrawing to online gambling sites. Since Bitcoin became huge to the gambling world there is no reason to think Ethereum would not be right behind it. Bitcoin is hands down the method most preferred by customers that have a Bitcoin wallet and it is just as great for the sites as the customer since there are no fees or any risk of interference by another authority. That is why all the casinos that accept Bitcoin and offer deposit bonuses tend to offer larger bonuses for those using Bitcoin.
Ethereum is not front and center yet, but there is every reason to think it will be because it is too easy to use for sites to pass up as an option. Gamblers thrive on fast transaction as much as they do action and cryptocurrency is here to give us precisely that.
Even with having to invest in it to also use it, since anyone would love to be able to deposit and collect money quickly without having to use their name or pay anything extra for the service, it is only a matter of time before it starts popping up all over the major gambling sites. As far as how it will do in the world of cryptocurrency altogether, well, as long as there are no major bugs or flaws in its creation slowing down its growth, Ethereum could be the number one word going around sooner before later.
Who Currently Accepts Ethereum for Sports Betting?
As of August 2017, some of the top Internet gambling and sports betting sites like Bovada, TopBet, Sportsbetting.ag, 5Dimes, Heritage, and Sportbet just to name a few perhaps surprisingly are still not using Ethereum as either a deposit or withdrawal method but keep your eyes and ears open as one day they probably will.
It is currently a bit confusing as to which sites do in fact accept Ethereum. Planet Casino, Slots.LV, Slotocash, Slots of Vegas, and Café Casino are all cited as sites who do but when you go to their homepage there is no mention of Ethereum anywhere. Eth.csgobets.org had been accepting Ethereum but they are closing.
None of this is to suggest that Ethereum accepting gambling sites cannot be found anywhere. There just are not that many yet. In the meantime, before its availability expands, here are some sites either big or small that currently allow you to use it:
1) Crypto-Games.net – A site who has been in business since 2014 now specializes in using numerous forms of cryptocurrency. Crypto-Games does not feature sports betting but now offers a total of 7 games: dice, slot machines, video poker, roulette, blackjack, plinko, and the lotto. There was no information on their homepage about deposit bonuses.
2) Betcoin.ag – Offering one of the wider selections for would be sports bettors, Betcoin.ag is a modern gambling website that is also equipped with a casino featuring more than 10 games to choose from as well as a live casino with 10 more. It also has a poker room and Dice specifically noted as Provably Fair.
The sportsbook features live betting in case you want to be able to bet on a game that is already in progress. In additional to all the major American sports you would see on TV, Betcoin.ag also features betting on the uprising eSports, rugby, cricket, and there is even a Specials section which right now has a line on who will be the next Pope. Various deposit and other promotional bonuses are offered. Like with anything advertising bonuses make sure you understand all the terms and conditions.
3) Bitsler – Like Crypto-Games, Bitsler is a small gambling site that only uses cryptocurrency and accepts 5 different forms of it. There is no sportsbook but the games available on it are Dice, Roulette, and CarayCruz. No information available about deposit bonuses.
4) Fortunejack – Most frequently cited as the best gambling site that accepts, Fortunejack does not have a sportsbook. It does have an array of Provably Fair casino games like dice, blackjack, video poker, keno, roulette, bingo, among others. It also offers many different types of slot machines with huge progressive jackpots along with a live casino for roulette, blackjack, poker, and the Wheel of Fortune. Deposit bonuses are offered.
5) BitDice – Also without a sportsbook, BitDice offers Blackjack, Dice, and are currently getting ready to bring on slots and roulette. In the meantime, they also have several dozen Endorphina Slots. Several promotional bonuses are available.
6) Etherdice – There is no sportsbook and is exclusively for dice players. It is also not currently up and running as they are waiting for the world of the Ethereum ecosystem to advance some more.
7) 999Dice – Deemed Probably Fair also for Ether dice, there is no sportsbook here either. This site’s special distinctive advertisement is the house’s miniscule 0.1% edge.
How Do I Deposit and Withdraw?
When you are at the site you are playing on, click on where it says cashier or anywhere that mentions depositing. From there you will be given a list of deposit options. Look for Ethereum or Ether. Then you transfer the funds to your account controlled by the casino. In a few minutes or seconds, you will be ready to go.
Withdrawing is just as easy. Go back to the cashier and click on withdrawals. This process is also done instantly. Note that every site has different policies on how much and how often you can deposit and withdraw.